- Labor Market and Workforce Information
- Connections with government and community agencies
- Connections with local educational and training institutions
- Assistance in the recruitment and/or hiring of individuals
- Connect with other Internet resources.
- Technical assistance concerning state and
federal labor laws, pre-employment inquiries, and
equal opportunity/affirmative action information.
- Access required posters for display at your business.
- Facility use in recruitment efforts with access to telephones, fax machines, copiers and internet.
- Targeted and customized job fairs and recruitment activities.
- Migrant and seasonal farm worker services.
- Business Resource Group (BRG)
To connect with these services, simply e-mail our
office, or call 301-777-1221.
Many of our services are also available on-line:
Connect with Job Seekers on the Internet
Recruitment through the Allegany County One-Stop Job Center is quick and easy with no charge to the employer
or job seeker. Automation allows your openings to reach candidates conducting their own job search.
Maryland Workforce Exchange is Maryland's source for information and services for job seekers and employers.
Post openings and search resumes at no cost to you. Entering postings in the Maryland Workforce Exchange will
also post to America's Job Exchange and
The Allegany County One-Stop Job Center has dedicated veteran staff working exclusively with veterans to help
reduce your training and recruiting costs. Services include: hiring assistance to federal contractors,
information concerning Uniform Services Employment
and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA),
Reintegration Project (Grant Information) and other information pertaining to veterans hiring.
Connect with Incentive Programs
Money saving incentives on wages and taxes can be obtained through special programs.
Federal and State Tax Credits reduce an employer's
cost of doing business and require little paperwork. The success and growth of these credits for private-sector
employers depend on a strong public-and private-sector partnership.
If you are receiving Community
Development Block Grant (CBDG) incentives, the Maryland One-Stop Career Center can assist in recruiting low
to moderate income applicants. The Department of Business
and Economic Development can also assist your business with additional financing programs.
Connect with Training Programs
Training incentives available through the Workforce
Investment Act may include: On-the-Job Training
(OJT), cooperative programs (workplace & instruction), skills upgrade training, entrepreneurial,
occupational skills, job readiness, and customized training.
For more information, contact the
Western Maryland Consortium.
offers a wide variety of non-credit educational opportunities through the Continuing Education and Training
Division. Courses in almost any subject area desired by local businesses, agencies and groups can be custom
designed to fit your needs.
Connect with Workforce Data
As part of the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and
Regulation, the Allegany County One-Stop Job Center can put you in touch with DLLR's Labor Market Analysis and Information office for free information concerning labor trends and market conditions within the state.
Report New Hires
The Maryland New Hire Registry provides employers with
an efficient method of reporting new employees and accessing information about the Maryland New Hire Registry.
- WebTax - Your secure on-line
source for employer information
- File and Pay your taxes on-line
- File prior quarter tax returns
- WebWage - allows even large employers to file on-line
- Change your address
- Review and print quarterly benefit charge statements
- Review your account history
- Review and print annual rating notices
- Request to close your account
- Submit a Request for
Separation Information Online
- E-Wage Filing - File your wage records via secure E-Mail
- New Employer
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Employer UI information
- Employment Related Posters
- Employer's Quick Reference Guide -
Everything an employer should know about unemployment insurance
- Business Transfer Report - Use this report
to notify DLLR when transferring workforce or payroll from one business entity to another.
Allegany County One-Stop Job
McMullen Building, 138 Baltimore Street, Cumberland, Maryland 21502
Telephone (301) 777-1221 Fax: (301) 784-1702
A One-Stop Partner
Return to the top of the page