EARN Maryland Pressroom – EARN Maryland Press Releases, and EARN In the News.
What is EARN Maryland?
EARN Maryland is a new state-funded, competitive workforce development grant program that is industry-led,
regional in focus and a proven strategy for helping businesses cultivate the skilled workforce they need to compete.
It is flexible and innovative, designed to ensure that Maryland employers have the talent they need to compete and
grow in an ever-changing 21st century economy.
EARN Maryland aims to:
- Address the demands of businesses by focusing intensively on the workforce needs of a specific industry
sector over a sustained period.
- Address the needs of workers by creating formal career paths to good jobs, reducing barriers to employment,
and sustaining or growing middle class jobs.
- Encourage mobility for Maryland's most hard-to-serve jobseekers through job readiness training that may
include GED preparation, occupational skills development, literacy advancement, and transportation and child
How Does EARN Maryland Work?
EARN Maryland invests in strategic industry partnerships from key economic sectors in every region. These
partnerships will use the power of coordination across education, workforce and economic development initiatives
to address the multiple needs of companies, starting with the training of skilled workers. Once formed, the
partnerships will develop plans to train and educate workers - and place them in meaningful employment.
For more information about EARN Maryland, please email us at email@example.com.
- Employers and other potential Partner Organizations: Sign up for our exciting web portal,
EARN MD CONNECT! - EARN MD CONNECT allows EARN Maryland Partnerships,
Partners, and organizations interested in the program to find one another, share information, and collaborate within and between Partnerships. Organizations
who work with potential job seekers are encouraged to sign up so that EARN Partnerships may contact you to develop a workforce pipeline.
- Individual job-seekers are encouraged to visit the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation's
Maryland Workforce Exchange.
2014 EARN Maryland Implementation Grant Information and Resources
- Find information on the inaugural EARN Maryland Implementation Grant process, including the Solicitation for Implementation Grant Proposals, comprehensive Solicitation FAQs, and a recording of a Pre-Proposal Webinar.
Maryland Planning Grant Information and Resources
- Find information on the EARN Maryland Program's
Planning Grant Process, the 29 Partnerships awarded
Planning Grants in January 2014, and presentations
on how best to develop a successful industry-led
workforce training plan.
EARN Maryland Resource Page
- Find information on the EARN Maryland Program's history, Sector Strategies in general, and other states' experiences with similar initiatives.
To join the EARN Maryland mailing list, please send us an e-mail message.
“EARN Maryland is industry led, endorsed by the Maryland Chamber of Commerce and is a proven strategy
for providing Maryland’s employers with skilled workers. In Massachusetts, 100 percent of the
employers participating in a similar industry-led initiative said that participation in a partnership
like EARN Maryland--was indeed valuable. EARN Maryland’s strategic industry partnerships are also a
proven strategy for workers. Among similar initiatives around the country, this approach led to
skills advancement, career building opportunities and increased wages.”
---Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation Secretary Leonard J. Howie III on EARN
Maryland June 12, 2013.