Application Process to Become a
Maryland Eligible Training Provider -
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Following are instructions for nominating training providers and/or programs to the Maryland Eligible Training Provider List of occupational training eligible for funding through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). The application procedures and forms are provided on separate pages for each type of training provider listed below:
- Maryland Public and Private Colleges and Universities
- Maryland Approved Private Career Schools
- Other Maryland Training Providers (e.g., registered apprenticeships)
- Out-of-State Training Providers
Please note that to be eligible to be added to the Maryland Eligible Training Provider List of Occupational Training, a program must:
- Prepare an individual for an occupation and provide the skills necessary for gainful employment.
- Be reviewed and approved to be on the Maryland State List by a Local Workforce Development Board (LWDB) in Maryland.
- Be offered by a training provider that is:
- approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission,
- exempted from approval by the Maryland Higher Education Commission, or
- approved by the higher education authority in the home State where the out-of-state training provider is conducting training and included on the home State's Eligible Training Provider List.