Sponsoring a Program
If you have any changes or program up-dates you need to inform
Maryland Apprenticeship and Training about, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact information especially is important to keep up to date; e-mail address, contact person, mailing
address and phone number changes should all be sent to Maryland Apprenticeship and Training in order to help
our department service your program better.
Register a New Program
In order to register a training program with Maryland Apprenticeship and Training be sure the program will meet the following requirements:
- Training in a registered occupation,
as listed under the Find an Apprenticeship tab. Please contact
us if your occupation is not listed and you would like to begin
an apprenticeship program.
- Skills learned from training are transferable throughout the industry and are not limited to a
specific organization alone.
- Provide 144 hours of related classroom instruction and 2,000 hours of on-the-job training.
- Provide a progressive wage scale, starting at a percentage the journeyperson's rate with incremental
increases to reflect the new skills the apprentice has attained.
- Contact Maryland Apprenticeship and Training to discuss registering a program and to schedule a site
visit with an Apprenticeship and Training Representative to begin the registration process. Please e-mail:
email@example.com or call 410-767-2246
- Complete, with an Apprenticeship and Training Representative, all registration documents.
- Attend the Apprenticeship and Training Council meeting where your registration request will be decided.
- Maintain program and records to remain compliant to the Maryland Regulations regarding apprenticeship.