Renew a License - Cosmetologists
- Renew a license online All fees are nonrefundable.
Please read ALL requirements and instructions before proceeding with the application process.
The renewal fee is for a two-year license. A reinstatement fee of $25 will be automatically assessed if your license is expired.
The Board automatically mails renewal information and instructions to licensees approximately 60 days prior to the expiration date of the current license. If a licensee does not receive the renewal information or a paper application is needed, the licensee must call 410-230-6190 or e-mail email@example.com to request a renewal application or information no less than 30 days prior to the expiration date.
Please note: Business Occupations and Professions Article Section 5-605, Annotated Code of Maryland provides that you must be affiliated with a licensed salon or licensed barbershop to perform services.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- For best results, we recommend using the most recent version of your browser to access the electronic licensing programs. You can update your browser at no additional cost by visiting our browser information section.
- When you go online, you will create a password by identifying yourself with certain personal information. Then, with this password and your registration number, you will be able to apply for a license or renew or update your registration record at your convenience with a password unique and more memorable to you.
- Employers need to have their workers compensation policy number and insurance company's name to complete the renewal forms.
- We are collecting your e-mail addresses for Board use in order to facilitate our communication with you.
TO RENEW YOUR LICENSE:
- Click on the “Renew a License Online” link at the top of this page.
- Enter your registration number exactly as it appears on the data card. Follow the instructions to create your password or to use your previously created password.
HB 1600 State Board of Cosmetologists - License Renewal - Continuing Education
This legislation establishes a requirement for licensees to complete six hours of continuing education during each two-year licensing term. While the program takes effect on October 1, 2018, the agency does not have resources at this time to administer this new program. You are encouraged to comply with the requirements in the interest of the health and safety of Maryland citizens. Should you choose to participate in continuing education, please keep records of the courses you take in case the department is able to implement this at a later date.