Please read ALL requirements and instructions before proceeding with the application process.
Applications for renewal are mailed approximately 60 days before expiration of the license. The
renewal fee is for a two year license. A reinstatement fee
of $100 will be assessed if your license is expired.
Note: You cannot renew on-line prior to 60 days before your license expires. If you attempt to renew
one day late or more, the reinstatement fee
will automatically be assessed on your license renewal fee.
HOW TO RENEW YOUR LICENSE ON-LINE
Go to the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation's
website for Electronic Licensing and follow the instructions.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- For best results, we recommend using the most recent version to access the electronic licensing
programs. You can update your browser at no additional cost by visiting our
browser information section.
- Please have the data card with your registration number in hand.
- When you go online, you will create a password by identifying yourself with certain personal
information. Then, with this password and your registration number, you will be able to apply for a
license, renew, or update your registration record at your convenience.
- When you receive your credit card statement, the charge for renewing on-line will be shown as
"MD Dept. of Licensing." If you refute the charge, be advised that this will place you in
an unlicensed status until the issue is resolved.
- We are collecting e-mail addresses for Board use only in order to facilitate our communication
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO RENEW YOUR LICENSE OR PERMIT:
- Go to DLLR's Electronic Licensing website
- Click on the appropriate type of license and then select the appropriate option to begin the
- Select your license type by clicking on the arrow for the pull down box and highlight your
- Enter your registration number exactly as it appears on the data card and your password.
- If you fail to complete any portion of the process, you will not be able to successfully submit
your application. You will get an error message describing missed or incorrect entry. Use your
browser's "back" button to go back to the previous screen and fill in any missing
or incorrect information.
- Before submitting your credit card information, be sure you review all of the information on the
final screen to ensure that your name and address are correct. Remember that the address you enter is
releasable to the public, by law. If you find any errors, use the "back"
button to return to previous screens and make corrections.
- When confirmation is received that the transaction has been completed, PRINT the
confirmation screen for your records. To protect your privacy, please remember to close your browser.
Please do yourself a favor and don't wait until the last minute to renew on the Internet.
If you encounter a problem that prevents you from renewing in a timely manner, you will be considered
unlicensed until you renew. Contact the association office or the board IMMEDIATELY.