To All Maryland Stationary Engineers:
The Maryland State Board of Stationary Engineers is the entity responsible for regulating your profession in the State of Maryland.
The Board has recently amended regulations that affect all Stationary Engineers, Effective August 5th, 2013:
- All licensees must be familiar with the laws and regulations applicable to the provision of stationary engineering services.
- An applicant who has successfully completed a license examination shall apply for licensure, and pay all applicable fees,
within 2 years of successfully completing the license examination in order for the applicant's test results to remain valid. An applicant
who successfully completed a license examination more than 2 years before the effective date of this regulation shall apply for
licensure, and pay all applicable fees, no later than December 31, 2013 in order for the applicant's test results to remain valid.
- If a boiler certification is required, a licensee shall display conspicuously a current and valid license of each individual
assigned to oversee a boiler:
- Near the regulated machinery; or
- With the certificate of inspection for the regulated machinery;
- Affix a current photograph to the license
- Have available at all times a valid government-issued photographic identification.
Keep up on the current Stationary Engineer topics including minutes from Board meetings, new regulations, law changes and
industry information of interest. Visit the links below for more details: