09.21.02 - Board of Architects - Proposed Regulations
PROPOSED ACTION ON REGULATIONS
MARYLAND REGISTER, VOLUME 45, ISSUE 24,
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2018
Title 09 DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, LICENSING, AND REGULATION
Subtitle 21 BOARD OF ARCHITECTS
09.21.02 Code of Ethics
Authority: Business Occupations and Professions Article,§§3-205 and 3-208(a)(1), Annotated Code of Maryland
Notice of Proposed Action
The Board of Architects proposes to amend Regulation .01 under COMAR 09.21.02 Code of Ethics. This action was considered by the Board at a public meeting held on July 18, 2018, notice of which was published on the Board’s website pursuant to General Provisions Article, §3-302(c), Annotated Code of Maryland.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of this action is to require applicants and licensees to respond in writing within 30 days to any written communication from the Board, to inform the applicant or licensee of the ramifications for failure to respond to a written communication from the Board, and to require an applicant or licensee to notify the Board in writing of a change of address.
Comparison to Federal Standards
There is no corresponding federal standard to this proposed action.
Estimate of Economic Impact
The proposed action has no economic impact.
Economic Impact on Small Businesses
The proposed action has minimal or no economic impact on small businesses.
Impact on Individuals with Disabilities
The proposed action has no impact on individuals with disabilities.
Opportunity for Public Comment
Comments may be sent to Steve Long, Executive Director, Design Boards, Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation, 500 N. Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21202, or call 410-230-6262, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 410-962-8483. Comments will be accepted through December 26, 2018. A public hearing has not been scheduled.
Final action on the proposal will be considered by the Board of Architects during a public meeting to be held on January 23, 2019, at 500 N. Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21202.
.01 Rules of Conduct.
A.—E. (text unchanged)
F. Failure to Respond.
[(1) An architect shall respond to the Board in writing within 20 days of receipt of a written communication directed to the architect by the Board.
(2) Failure to respond as required by this regulation may be considered by the Board to be a violation of Business Occupations and Professions Article, §3-311(a)(l)(iv), Annotated Code of Maryland.]
(1) If an applicant or licensee receives from the Board a written communication requesting a response, the applicant or licensee shall respond within 30 days of the date of mailing.
(2) The Board shall send a written communication by first-class mail to the last known address furnished to the Board by the applicant or licensee.
(3) It is a responsibility of an applicant or licensee to notify the Board in writing if there has been a change in the applicant’s or licensee’s address.
(4) Failure to respond as required by this regulation may be considered by the Board to be a violation of Business Occupations and Professions Article, §3-311(a)(l)(iv), Annotated Code of Maryland.
Board of Architects