Resources for Job Seekers
Maryland’s Hiring Incentive Rebate for Employers
can be used as an incentive to encourage employers to hire unemployed individuals.
What is the tax credit?
- The Hiring Incentive Rebate for Employers is a tax credit available to Maryland
businesses that hire qualified workers for newly-created or certain vacant positions in
- Employers will receive a maximum credit of $5,000, for each qualified employee, up to
How does an employer qualify?
To qualify for the credit:
- Employees must be Maryland residents as well as hired between March 25, 2010, and
December 31, 2010.
- At the time of hire, individuals must be receiving unemployment insurance benefits or
have exhausted their benefits in the previous 12 months and not working full-time immediately
preceding the date of hire.
- Positions must be full-time as well as newly-created or have been vacant for at least 6
Where can I get more information?
For more information, visit the DLLR website
or one of the 34 One Stop Career Centers.
View this flyer
is Abobe Acrobat format (PDF format, 1.1MB, download
Adobe Acrobat for free)