Employer and Third-Party Agent Instructions for Submitting Files in BEACON 2.0 - Unemployment Insurance
BEACON 2.0, the Maryland Division of Unemployment Insurance’s fully-modernized unemployment insurance system, launched in September 2020. BEACON integrates all benefits, appeals, and tax functions of the unemployment insurance system.
An employer or agent who has not already done so should activate or register for a BEACON 2.0 account.
- Employers can activate or register for their accounts on the BEACON 2.0 employer login webpage.
- Third-party agents can activate or register for their accounts on the BEACON 2.0 agent login webpage.
- For account activation and registration instructions, see the BEACON 2.0 Account Activation and Registration for Employers and Third-Party Agents webpage.
You can file wage reports in BEACON 2.0 by entering employee and wage information directly into the system or by using one of the following file formats:
You will need proper credentials to submit wage files by FTP in BEACON. To obtain these credentials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and use “FTP Wages” as the subject of the email.
- Download: Payment Allocation File Specifications
- Sample File: MD Payment Allocation Sample File (CSV)
- Download: Power of Attorney Bulk Submission Procedures (for Agents only)
- Sample File: MD POA Bulk File Submission (Excel)
- Power of Attorney Authorization Form
For more information about BEACON 2.0, see:
- BEACON 2.0 Employer FAQs
- BEACON 2.0 Account Activation for Employers with an Unemployment Insurance Account (Instructions)
- BEACON 2.0 New Employer Account Registration (Instructions)
- Employers’ Quick Reference Guide
If you have additional questions about BEACON, please contact the Maryland Division of Unemployment Insurance by calling the Employer Call Center at 410-949-0033.