Contact Information - Unemployment Insurance
Claimants may file initial claims for unemployment benefits via Maryland’s Division of Unemployment Insurance BEACON 2.0 System or by telephone at 667-207-6520. We cannot accept claims by email.
The Division of Unemployment Insurance offers a number of ways to ask questions and obtain more information.
|Live Agent Number
|Solicitud de beneficios del desempleo para la población de hable español 301-313-8000 o 1-667-207-6520|
You may also chat with our Virtual Assistant on our Division of Unemployment Insurance homepage. Simply click on the blue “Chat with us” bar in the lower right hand corner of the screen. An area to type in your question will appear.
- Live Agent: If you need to reach a live claims agent to file a new claim or inquire about an existing claim, call 667-207-6520. Live claims agents are available from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours may be modified during holidays.
- IVR: You must continue to file your claim certification each week for which you are requesting benefit payments. You can file your weekly claim certification in your BEACON 2.0 claimant portal or through the IVR system.
To connect with the IVR system, available 24/7, call 410-949-0022 or 800-827-4839, toll free. Please listen carefully as the voice and many prompts, like the weekly certification questions, have changed.
- Calling from the Baltimore area or out of state - 410-949-0022
- Calling from Maryland but outside of the Baltimore area - 800-827-4839
- For Hearing Impaired Only - For Maryland Relay dial 711
- Virtual Assistant: You can use the Virtual Assistant to receive immediate, automated answers to common inquiries or to chat with a live claims agent. The Virtual Assistant is available 24/7. However, the chat feature is available from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. To use the Virtual Assistant, select the blue “Chat with us” button at the bottom right of the Maryland Division of Unemployment Insurance homepage. To use the chat feature, access the Virtual Assistant and type "speak with an agent.”