MOSH Training and Education
The MOSH Training and Education office offers free seminars, publications, and speakers at locations across the State to provide Maryland employers and employees with information about MOSH safety and health requirements. **Please note: Our safety and health programs are geared towards raising the awareness of attendees while providing an overview of the topic. These seminars are not a substitute for training required by MOSH. Each seminar provides awareness on the specified safety and health topic, and is not a substitute for the training an employer must provide to meet the requirements of MOSH standards.
Seminars on new MOSH standards and topics of general interest are offered in five regional locations Baltimore, Central Maryland, Eastern Shore, Southern Maryland, and Western Maryland to ensure that they are easily accessible to all Maryland employers and employees. These seminars are free and open to the public, but pre-registration is required. If you would like to register for a seminar, complete the online registration form. You may also download the course schedule.
Speakers are provided for professional and trade associations, employer and employee organizations, and other groups. These programs must be requested in writing and are provided on an "as available" basis. Requests should be made as far in advance as possible to determine whether MOSH can provide the type of training requested and to ensure that the proposed date is mutually agreeable. If you would like to request a speaker, please complete the online request form.
Note: Speakers are provided for a minimum of 20 participants, and generally are not available to individual employers. The presentations provide an overview of a specific topic and are not a substitute for the training an employer must provide to meet the requirements of MOSH standards.
MOSH Training and Education does NOT provide training:
- To meet the formal training requirements of MOSH safety and health standards. It is the responsibility of each employer to provide the required training.
- To comply with the training time requirements of specific MOSH standards, such as the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- On specific work processes or equipment operation such as scaffold erection
- As part of an informal conference or for abatement of a citation issued to an employer
- To employees of fee-charging consultants or as part of a service that a private consultant offers to an employer
Additional Safety and Health Training Information
- Federal OSHA's PowerPoint Presentations
- OSHA Expert Advisors
- OSHA Publications Home Page
- OSHA Prevention Videos (V-tools): Construction Hazards
Division of Labor and Industry
Maryland Occupational Safety and Health (MOSH)
10946 Golden West Drive, Suite 160
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Directions to the Hunt Valley Training Center