Maryland's Unemployment Insurance Payment Plans - Unemployment Insurance Tax Rates for 2016 - Unemployment Insurance
In this economic time, the Division of Unemployment Insurance has implemented an initiative to assist employers that may find themselves in a position of financial hardship. The Division seeks to assist employers in paying quarterly unemployment insurance taxes for calendar year 2016. Listed below are the Payment Plan options that are available for all four quarterly unemployment insurance returns. Requests for Payment Plans should be made by the quarterly due dates of May 2, 2016, August 1, 2016, October 31, 2016 and January 31, 2017.
In order to establish a payment plan, please contact the Skip Trace and Investigations Unit at 410-767-2525 or send an e-mail to the unit at: DLUITaxSkip-DLLR@maryland.gov.
Payment plan options are:
- Quarterly Tax Return and Wage Report filed timely;
- 50% of Tax paid when the Quarterly return is filed;
- Remaining tax due is spread over three equal monthly installments, due on the last day of the next three months;
- Note that the last installment of this plan coincides with the due date of the next quarter, and unless another payment plan is in place, the reports and tax must be filed by the due date.
- Any individual plan as established with the Division of Unemployment Insurance, which mutually serves the interest of both Unemployment Insurance and the employer.