Division of Unemployment Insurance
The Division of Unemployment Insurance is currently experiencing unusually high call volume, resulting in longer than normal hold times. For faster service, you may file claims or weekly claim certifications online. If you are having difficulty placing a call through the system, please send inquiries to email@example.com. We will respond within two business days. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
To be eligible for benefits, you must make a minimum of three (3) valid job contacts per week unless you are exempt from work search.
You MUST continue to file your weekly claim certification (Webcert or Telecert) for benefits until you become reemployed.
REX does NOT replace this unemployment insurance requirement. You may enter your job contacts beginning the Tuesday after the week for which you are requesting payment.
- Important Information about Maryland's Unemployment Insurance 2019 Tax Rates
- New Employer Account Registration
- File and Pay Quarterly Contribution Report
- Submit a Request for Separation Information Online
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES)
- Owe Taxes? No Driver's License or Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Control Your Unemployment Insurance Costs
- Forms and Publications
- Online Applications
- Contact Information
Baltimore area & out of state - 410-949-0022
Toll free inside MD - 1-800-827-4839
For Hearing Impaired Only:
Maryland Relay dial 711
Baltimore area - 410-949-0033
Toll free within the US - 1-800-492-5524
MD Unemployment Insurance Tax MVA License Renewal - 410-368-5450
Toll free - 1-800-492-5524
- Resource Guide for the Unemployed
- Find a Job in Maryland
- Maryland New Hire Registry
- Assistance from the MD Dept. of Human Resources
- Official Payments
- Job Dislocation, Making Smart Financial Choices after a Job Loss
El desempleo y sus finanzas: Cómo tomar decisiones inteligentes al perder su empleo