Division of Unemployment Insurance
Welcome to the Maryland Division of Unemployment Insurance. Our offices will be closed on Monday February 19th, 2018 in observance of Presidents Day. As a result, all payments for weekly claim certifications filed Saturday February 17th – Monday February 19th WILL NOT be posted until Wednesday, February 21st.
Due to the holiday on Monday, February 19, 2018, the Work Search Verification Log in REX will NOT be available to enter job contacts for the week of Sunday, February 11, 2018 through Saturday, February 17, 2018 until Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
We are experiencing seasonally high call volume, resulting in longer than normal hold times. If you are having difficulty placing a call through the system, please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience.
Attention all employers:
We are pleased about recent changes, resources, and services that will impact you, our valued customer, and greatly assist with your business operations. Please review the Unemployment Insurance letter to all employers. All Maryland Employers will also be receiving a hard copy of this letter via US mail.
To be eligible for benefits, you must make a minimum of three (3) valid job contacts per week unless you are exempt from work search.
You MUST continue to file your weekly claim certification (Webcert or Telecert) for benefits until you become reemployed.
REX does NOT replace this unemployment insurance requirement. You may enter your job contacts beginning the Tuesday after the week for which you are requesting payment.
- Employer Letter - Change in Review Determination Process
- Important Information about Maryland's Unemployment Insurance 2017 Tax Rates
- New Employer Account Registration
- File and Pay Quarterly Contribution Report
- Submit a Request for Separation Information Online
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES)
- Owe Taxes? No Driver's License or Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Control Your Unemployment Insurance Costs
- Forms and Publications
- Online Applications
- Contact Information
Baltimore area & out of state - 410-949-0022
Toll free inside MD - 1-800-827-4839
For Hearing Impaired Only:
Maryland Relay dial 711
Baltimore area - 410-949-0033
Toll free within the US - 1-800-492-5524
MD Unemployment Insurance Tax MVA License Renewal - 410-368-5450
Toll free - 1-800-492-5524
- Resource Guide for the Unemployed
- Find a Job in Maryland
- Maryland New Hire Registry
- Assistance from the MD Dept. of Human Resources
- Official Payments
- Job Dislocation, Making Smart Financial Choices after a Job Loss
El desempleo y sus finanzas: Cómo tomar decisiones inteligentes al perder su empleo